Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Saffron Dunes and Blood Red Moons


Yeah, so today is my birthday! I've been on this wonderful earth for seventeen years, or 1.62 dog years, whichever you prefer. I am a little dissapointed about turning seventeen, though, since nothing exciting happened at the time when I turned such age (I'm not talking present-wise, though, because that was more than I could ask for!). Seriously, I was expecting that I would suddenly light up into flames and fly to Mars where I would shed my skin, sort of like what happened on my last birthday. Maybe that only happens when you turn sixteen? Maybe. Must be. Anyway, I realized that I really haven't talked much about myself and who I am so here is you guys' chance to learn (YAY LEARNING) about who this mysterious person you are commenting on is.

My name is Ali. Contrary to popular belief, my hair is naturally this color. I am Viking and a Norwegian and it feels awesome to know that my ancestors hunted whales and grew beards. I am a nice person, but also very sarcastic and sinister, for I am always plotting dastardly things like tipping cows or freeing the lobsters at the grocery store. I'm going to be a senior in high school next year, but have no idea where I want to go to college yet (by the way, I made a 30 on my recent ACT test, and that score to me means I never have to take it again! so happy). I want to do something artsy, maybe architecture or illustration or painting pictures on the shells of large sea snails.

If I was in a band with people, we would be known as the Floppy Mustaches. Along with that, we would have mustache shaped instruments and, of course, wear fake mustaches. Speaking of music, I like listening to Michael Jackson (my favorite!), Oren Lavie, Sting (The Police), and lots of 80's music. I'm not that much for modern music, but Lady Gaga is an exception because she dresses in fantastic things and could probably work a potato sack pretty gosh darn well. Other things about me are that I tried to drink a candle once, ran into a glass door before, collect old giftcards, like to organize, and still jump on my bed at night so that the monsters from beneath the bed won't grab me and pull me under. I don't like the dark, it's just too dark.


Bodysuit: Forever 21
Skirt: Charlotte Russe
Scarf (as belt): thrifted
Necklace: vintage, gifted by Gramma Nami
Shoes: Amazon

42 comments:

hobovogue . said...

very cute! love the polka dots and the red shoes. so american ! :) happy birthday!!!

ps is the bodysuit comfy? was thinking of getting one from f21 but wasn't sure of the quality...

also cookie cake sounds delish. but it's wayyy too hot here to bake.

<33 [v] hobovogue

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

You look so nautical meets July 4 and it's ADORABLE. (I've secretly always wanted to be American for the day of July 4 because I think it'd be fun to dress up to. Fun fact.)

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL! Haha, my birthday's falls RIGHT into the week of midterms and, consequently, I'm too busy to fly up into Mars. It sucks. :)

And you must post more of your art work and paintings and jazz!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

LyddieGal said...

Happy Birthday!!!
You look so cute in your polka dots!
Hope you are having a wonderful day, and maybe later perhaps something exciting will happen.

Enjoy your cookie cake!

Chic on the Cheap

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! I love the polka dots! Also, the floppy mustaches is one of the best potential band names I've ever heard.

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday!

PS. Email Me!

anton belardo said...

OMG HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR!!!!

hope you have a great one..
:)

i can imagine you freeing the lobsters at the grocery store.

screaming Run my little lovelies be free!
happy happy happy happy birthday again :)
kisses A.

Julia said...

Aw, happy birthday -- you sound like such a darling girl. I, being wizened and old, could tell that's your natural haircolor. I can always tell a natural blonde, I say...:)
xo

Jen Hsieh said...

I missed by two hours! I'm about to smack myself in the face but HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BELATED-BY-2-HOURS BIRTHDAY! <3

And don't worry, when you get to 18 or 21 I'm sure you'll shoot right out of your skin again towards the moon! And you have no idea how jealous I am of your whale hunting, beard growing ancestors! Mine were probably communists that just ate rice 24/7.

Anna Katrina said...

happy birthday! im loving the red accessories


Anna Katrina
http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

christinecocochanel said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
Your outfit is soo cute, i'm a massive fan of polka dots ><"!
and the red shoes just top off the whole outfit! I hope you had a lovely day :) enjoy your teenage years! I'm hitting the big 20 in a couple of weeks time ahhh!

www.christinecocochanel.blogspot.com

Diana said...

love this outfit! the colors together are great :) and hope you had a very happy birthday !!

dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

Bea said...

Happy Birthday, Ali!

You know what, from reading your I think we'd be great friends! Haha! I'd love to tip a cow, eat a cookie cake and I throw mustache parties all the time. No joke-my friends and I buy a pack of fake ones at the grocery and sit around playing cards. :)

It is beyond awesome that you are of viking descent. No one should dare mess with you!

B from A plus B

Anna-Lena said...

wonderful blog and fantastic outfits!!you look great!wish you a nice eve!
hugs

The Red Sole Heels said...

love your outfit :)
thanks for your comment on my blog :)
have a nice day

anton belardo said...

and dahling heres my gift for you!
http://antonbelardo.blogspot.com/
------check it out :)
i was suppose to wait until my blogs birthday to post all the sketches but ill give yours in advance

Kisses A..

Unknown said...

happy birthday!! i love red and polka dots together!!!

Rebecca said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
have fun making cake (:

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Marta said...

happy birthday! i wish you loads of love and joy!

Šárka P. said...

you reminds me blake lively

Vera said...

happy birthday dear :)
hope you had a good one celebrating! this post was an interesting post about you. i like.
oh and of course, how fun are those polka dots? :D

Mel said...

Happy 17th birthday! Such a cute look, I love the mix of red and blue! Hahaha that line about freeing the lobsters at the supermarket made me laugh!

Rebecca Clairine said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY sist !
wish u all d best , and may ur dreams come true :)

cute polka dots !
and i love ur necklace <3

check my new post,
xoxo,
Rebecca
http://rebeccaclch.blogspot.com

Annastasia said...

lovely blog

Carissa said...

love the polka :D

Avalonne Hall said...

Happy Birthday my dear! I'm sorry your birthday didn't live up to your expectation. I never expect anything for my birthday, I always feel like it's just like any other day... ahhh well. Love the navy and white polka dots and the splashes of red are wonderful!

Erin Kim said...

I love how the skirt matches the garage door (?) behind you! It really looks neat! :) Adorable and prim outfit!

Lovely blog!
Erin :)

Kelly said...

I totally love this outfit. Navy, dots, and grey? Perfect!

Happy (belated) birthday!

Sam said...

Aah, happy belated birthday!

And I love your outfit! It's so incredibly cute!

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

ARGH I love this outfit, polka dots and big skirts, thats my dream outfit! So cute. I shall be hunting down similar items for tomorrow I feel!

Daisy Dayz Home

Anonymous said...

you look so lovely! happy 17th birthday! wish you all the best :)
wow, you're Viking? that's awesome!

Castor Pollux

Arianne said...

Happy birthday!

I love the shimmery grey skirt. Also, the combination of polka dot shirt and scarf as a belt. I myself am into mix and match of basic prints—stripes, polka dots, plaids, whatever—props!

Thanks for following,

A from A + B in the Sea

Anonymous said...

nice outfit :)

michelle_ said...

this is a fab outfit love !
im loving the polka dots on you :)
and happy birthday too !!

thank you very much for your comments !
www.glistersandblisters.com

Isquisofrenia said...

yay ,happy b-day girl,
you look fantstic, love the polka dots and your hair i love!!

monica said...

great outfit :)

i like the pop of colour with the accessories

Louise said...

oh happy bday, belated i guess. Your blog is freaking awesome, i'm a follower right now!

Rebecca Clairine said...

thx for ur sweet comment :)

keep updating too !
xoxo,
Rebecca
http://rebeccaclch.blogspot.com

sallyannie☆ said...

Oh, happy birthday! I love your spotty-ness and you're hilarious :)

Ashley Dy said...

Awesome dress! I love the pop of red and polka prints.

Happy birthday!


Have nice weekend sweetheart!

Georgia said...

You've cow tipped? Thats bloody awesome :) Love the sort of sailor look, kind of pin-up, which I love
It would be mine

The October Issue said...

Happy Birthday doll!
love the polka dots :)
check out my blog
http://theoctoberissue.blogspot.com

dotie said...

happy belated birthday..
you've done some quite interesting things in you 17 years of age :)
nice!

eclectic du jour