Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Glitter Bomb



______Glitter, rhinestones, metallics, and faceted glass... though acceptable year-round, they seem even more appropriate during the colder months, as they resemble those scintillating and radiant wintry moments like dripping icicles or glittering snow piled in comfortable tufts on the ground. It doesn't get terribly cold in Alabama until late January (traveling from Iowa to Alabama, I gained fifty degrees and shed a few layers of clothing) so one must make up for the lack of winter through other mediums: festive Christmas decorations, twinkling lights, even the way one dresses.

______It's strange to not partake in any of the Christmas decorating at my parents' home; rather, I come home to perfectly fluffed garlands, draping lights, crisply wrapped presents, and tiny elves strategically sprinkled in various nooks and crannies. I miss watching a tree become slowly enshrouded with ornaments until nearly every branch has something nostalgic dangling from it, just as I miss the way the outdoor lights snap on right as night falls. I no longer have much of a way to decorate for Christmas in my Iowa apartment, that is, unless you count the white icicle lights which reside in my apartment year-round or the fir-scented candles that crack like a fire. I feel that decorating any further would be a waste as I end up coming home over the holidays anyway. It's a strange in-between state to be in.

______Nonetheless, I still celebrate in all the ways I can: listening to cheesy, overplayed holiday music and more contemporary versions of the same thing, wrapping and making presents for my own friends and family, and baking a variety of holiday themed goodies are just a few...




Top: Lulus
Skirt: Urban Outfitters
Fur vest: Charlotte Russe (similar)
Heels: ASOS (similar)
Rhinestone tights: Amazon (exact)
Opal ring: gift from dad
Choker: Forever 21
Open glass bracelet: c/o BornPretty
Earrings: Charming Charlie

5 comments:

Lostvestige said...

Wow those tights are amazing! I love all your sparkly accessories! I hope you have an amazing Christmas!

Gita Regina said...

I loove that shoes! <3
It's so pretty and princessy~~~


come and visit my blog,
xo,
gitasyalala.blogspot.com

Isti S. said...

OMG! Those thighs are soooo dreamy! I really need to get them!

Keit said...

Totally know what you mean, I visited my parents like you when all was done and done and I just sat there eating and getting fat by the minute :D

Boy oh boy, the stocking you have are hot, always looking like a princess! <3

Laura Jones said...

you look lovely, i love the sparkly details! and hope you've been enjoying your christmas time! xx